Do you believe Body Image is connected to overall health and wellness?
Are you invested in Trans health and wellness?
Are you looking for ways to build your resume while serving a greater cause?
Intern with BodyImage4Justice!
Formed in 2013, BodyImage4Justice aims to bring the LGBTQ community together through the common cause and interest of body image, health and wellness. We focus on empowerment and social justice for the trans community through events, workshops, political action, advocacy, and other activities that further our mission and support the health and wellbeing of community members.
What you will learn:
- Event planning
- Project development and management
What we require:
- Strong written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creative and flexibility
- Familiarity with social networking sites a plus
- Strong investment in Trans issues and LGBTQ communities
- Strong interest in social justice work and non-profit/grass roots/community development work
This position is about 20-25 hours per week. You will need to provide your own computer and plan to work mostly from home. Communication/coordination will happen online or via phone/text. Will need to attend core group meetings.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com